The College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Henan University is one of the earlier and larger departments of Henan University, founded in 1923 and rebuilt in 1959 when it was called the Department of Chemistry. In 1985, the Engineering department was established. In 1989, it was renamed the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. In 1995, it changed its name into the College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. The College now has a teaching staff of 128. Among them are 27 full professors, 58 associate professors, 1 Special allowance recipient of the state council, 1 excellent expert in Henan province, 1 specially appointed professor in Henan province, 5 specially appointed professors at Henan University, 13 doctoral supervisors, 78 master’s supervisors and 67 teachers with a doctor’s degree.